Monday, July 14, 2014

World Cup Steaks



The World Cup is finally over!  

I usually love the World Cup but this year was an exception.  It burns my chaps that so many games went into Penalty Kicks.  Can you imagine the NBA Finals being decided with a Free Throw contest??  I realize that the final match did not go to PKs but it was still a snoozer.  Actually I did take a nap in the second half and woke up to see that I hadn’t missed a thing!

The best part of the World Cup for me was some New York Strip steaks that I grilled over at my brother-in-law’s house.  The steaks were pretty simple, seasoned with salt and pepper and grilled to medium rare. 

I think I grilled for about four minutes per side at high heat.
Steaks grilled on a Weber Genesis Silver A

What I really enjoyed about the steaks was since I was grilling at his house I got to use his Weber Genesis Silver A grill.  I am used to grilling on my Genesis 1000 and the Silver A is a nice change.  The Genesis Silver A is a smaller two burner grill.  It heats up fast and I never have any flare-up issues when I’m using it.  He has had the grill for a long time and it is still in great shape.  FYI, here is a link to learn a little more about the Weber Genesis Silver A.
Weber Genesis Silver A

Just in case the fine folks over at FIFA read this blog I have a great idea for them.  If the score is tied at the end of regulation then take away the goalie for each time for extra time play.  This will make sure that at least one team scores a goal in extra time and should put an end to this Penalty Kick nonsense!

Thanks for dropping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment