Saturday, September 29, 2012

Agave brined ribs

I have been playing around a lot recently with country style ribs.  I have been pretty good about packing the flavor to these guys but have struggled to get them as tender as I like.

This time around I tried bring the ribs overnight.  I used a brine with 1 pint water, 1/2 cup agave nectar and 2 tablespoons of kosher salt.  They brined overnight.  The next day I dried them off and gave them a solid coating of dry rub as follows:
4 Tbls turbinado sugar
2 tsps chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning.

I cooked these ribs for two hours on my Weber kettle until they hit an internal temp around 170F.  I glazed them with some more agave nectar and went to town stuffing my belly!

Life is good these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment