Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sweet Sorrow


Parting is such sweet sorrow that I shall say goodnight till it be morrow. Oh that Juliet, she’s going to get a sore throat.


About four years ago a scored a nearly mint Weber Smokey Mountain on Craigslist for $60. I thought it would be handy to have two WSMs in case I needed to cook for a large crowd or if I ever entered a BBQ contest. I also thought it just looked way cool to have these two beauties sitting side by side on my driveway. They are beautiful together; my trusty plastic handled workhorse fitted with a 16 inch ceramic saucer sitting beside the old school wooden handled beauty. Two smokers and a collection of grills: the definition of Texas opulence.

Unfortunately times are tough, money is tight and I want a new toy. I want a curing box to make some serious sausage and figure I’ll need to spend ~$150 to get started. I never actually cooked on my second WSM; it was simply driveway art to me. So, onto Craigslist it went again and I’ve got a buyer for $135.

I should be excited that I doubled my money and will be able to buy a refrigerator but I am not. I am a little sad to see my baby go.

No comments:

Post a Comment